New Build

GoldenMotor.com

KANNONBALL13

Apr 10, 2012
Loveland Colorado
I have just finished my first build and will adding fuel soon to start her up. I have a 66cc Grubee. My question is...when I engage the clutch hand lever, it seems to require a bit of effort, any suggestions?
Also, when the clutch is disengaged the bicycle is a bit difficult to pedal, Thoughts? Are these things normal?

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I have just finished my first build and will adding fuel soon to start her up. I have a 66cc Grubee. My question is...when I engage the clutch hand lever, it seems to require a bit of effort, any suggestions?
Also, when the clutch is disengaged the bicycle is a bit difficult to pedal, Thoughts? Are these things normal?
If the bike is hard to peddle with the clutch disengaged (like neutral) you may have one of these problems..... not in any certain order. No it's not normal
1) Chain too tight
2) Axle too tight (bearings)
3) Clutch needs adjustment

As far as the clutch, that's a new one on me. Usually riders complain that it is too hard to pull on the handle (disengaged the clutch), although there are solutions for that. On many builds it is normal

Last edited:

KANNONBALL13

Apr 10, 2012
Loveland Colorado
Thanks for the reply,

I will be tweaking over the next few days, and tightening the nuts and bolts. Any thoughts on any type of lock-tight? First run last night! I am already thinking of diff. mods. I am an addict!

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama