Hello from Connecticut

GoldenMotor.com

noisydad

Jun 17, 2009
West Hartford, CT
Been lurking for a while, but have finally plunked down the dough and ordered a BMP friction kit and a Honda GX35. The intended bike is an old (1950's) Humber 3-speed that I've had for many years and have kept in good mechanical condition. The big choice to me was whether to go all the way and get a motorcycle license or to start out with the motorized bike and see where that takes me. I've gone with the bike setup. I hope to start commuting to work here and there with the finished bike. I'm sure other fun uses will present themselves once I get going. I'm currently reading and re-reading all the safety-related posts on this site and the "other one" to get a picture of what to watch out for on the road and how to prepare myself for any dicey situations that might arise. Will now be shopping for a good helmet and other safety- and visibility-related stuff before I take the plunge and ride to work on the MB. I appreciate the wealth of info you have here and the enthusiasm that's apparent in nearly every post. Part of what has moved me to jump in is the great community of MB folks. Here goes!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy ND, welcome. West Hartford has some great streets to ride on!

May 2nd a few of us are getting together for a ride at the park by the DMV in Wethersfield. Hope ya can make it. Lots of different manor of MBs

noisydad

Jun 17, 2009
West Hartford, CT
Thanks for the invite, Dan. I'll have to take a raincheck this time, since so far I only have a motor and a twist-grip throttle on hand (not on-bike yet). The friction kit from BMP should ship this week, but I don't foresee finishing the build by Sunday. I'll watch for future events though!

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
Thanks for the invite, Dan. I'll have to take a raincheck this time, since so far I only have a motor and a twist-grip throttle on hand (not on-bike yet). The friction kit from BMP should ship this week, but I don't foresee finishing the build by Sunday. I'll watch for future events though!
Their will be several people there with a second bike including myself. Come by anyway and meet some morons, cycopaths and mental diffectives speaking about myself of course.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Their will be several people there with a second bike including myself. Come by anyway and meet some morons, cycopaths and mental diffectives speaking about myself of course.
LOL Ray, ayup but I meant us as a group. (an think you left out some nouns and adjectives)