EZM in basic Siesta Key Kent Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi. Things are very slow at work, I'm kinda down in the dumbs and they're moving manufacturing out of America 1st quarter 2012. I've got nowhere to go, noone to talk bicycle motorization and three days off. Finally I'm going to install An EZM kit in a cruiser type bicycle. I spent at least an hour filing the pedestal mount to match the "V" frame. The front wheel is quick release on an older 26" wheel early eighties, looks strong steel, added kevlar tire, cleaned and greased-done. The rear is husky 26'' 12G shimano CB-E110 with MM adapter and MM or SportsCarPat sprocket about 66T. They look like jewelry to me- working on that, have all parts. I will brace the EZM transmission with seat post clamp with a goose neck or piece of old bike frame from the seat tube to the rear bearing carrier on the transmission. I bought some metric 8.8 grade nuts and bolts. I'm feeling a little bit happy now. I'm taking a small break to talk to you. I'll work on learning pictures when done. I want to focus on finishing this before early Monday morning. It's a simple direct install with minimal modifications. It's a good feeling to have this website as a source of questions to solve any problem. Thankyou very much.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
This is great Zean.....this build should lift your spirits! Sounds like you're moving right along with and I can't wait to see some pics. I'll be following this thread and have fun building your cruiser!

scotto-

dnut

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Thankyou scotto- and azbill for the responses. I finished the bicycle with EZM kit install last Sunday with an hour of sunlight remaining after about thirty hours spent. I was poking along at my own pace trying to do everything correctly. It was very satisfying and too much fun. I rode the bicycle one hour last Sunday and one and a half hours on Wednesday. This is not a paid for political advertisement. The transmission is solid as the rock of Gibralter, the bicycle runs good and clutch engagement is smooth. I don't see any problems and I think this bicycle is ready for my usual 70 mile scenic ride through ranch country. Ive been using tanaka 40cc two strokes with GEBE, it's very good also. The four stroke in-frame performs very well and I really like the look. I have flex exhaust, I can feel the torque and I like the sound. I'm sorry, I'll learn pictures, I have another EZM kit and a kaluna moondog, I want to buy a bench vise and a propane torch to bend crank and brake arms and twist chain tensioners slightly then do another straight forward build with pictures. Thanks again.