can someone please enlighten me

GoldenMotor.com

HIEFY

Jan 21, 2012
pittsburg, ca
Ok first I'd like to introduce myself everyone calls me Hiefy. Pronounced hyphy. I've been driving without a license my whole life and have gotten 18 cars taken away over 40 drivig without a license tickets and will not be gettin my license anytime soon due to having to pay tens of thousands of dollars before I can have the privledge of getting it back. Now that you know my life story haha I have come to the conclusion that motorized bikes are my saving grace. But I have found that a 4 stroke motor will be more of my style due to the fact that I will need to be taking it on long rides... Sometimes very long rides ha but Im pretty mad that they only go up to 30mph. Is there any way I can get one of these up to 2 stroke high speeds like 50mph? And if so is it possible to get a 49cc one there?? From what I've heard its impossible but I would like to get where I'm goin as fast as possible. But I see it as if the cops see its only a 49cc as long as they don't catch me goin over 30 they have no reason to ticket me haha. Anyways can someone please help me I have my eyes on a couple 4 stroke bikes on spooky tooth cycles .com and was wondering is that a good company to go with? And can I mod those engines to get higher speeds? I know very very little of these bikes and am totally open to any type of knowlegde anybody would be willing to share. Thanks - Hiefy

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
pittsburg california? i had to look that up. didnt realize it existed. unless you meant PA, if i were you, i'd get the cheapest bike possible. that way, it won't hurt as much when the cops take that away, too.

ALL gas bikes, regardless of engine cc's are required by california dmv to be licensed, and you must have a valid M1 or M2 license to ride one.

electrics don't need a drivers license, but are only legal up to 20mph.

good luck.

HIEFY

Jan 21, 2012
pittsburg, ca
Yea its here lol prolly wouldn't ever hear bout it either lol its a small town n the only thing that has any kinda popularity is its crime rate haha ... But thank you for your input that clears up a lot.... Well I guess ill be getting one of these taken away as well hahaha cuz I'm gona need some type of tranportation :/ so do you know wat would be the fastest I can get a 4 stroke to go??

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
As fast as you are willing to build it to go....... safely.
There are daily riders here that can go 50+.
There is a twin that is in process of being created that has been guestimated to go 70+.
With the right gearing or a CVT drive it could go 100+.
The thing here is it will never go that fast because it was not designed nor is it being built to go that fast.
With all due respect to you, if you want high speed, and the ability to avoid hospitals after the ride, get a motorcycle.
Converting a typical bicycle to go any faster than 40 or so can result in alot of unplanned pain unless you know what to modify and how to do it safely.

HIEFY

Jan 21, 2012
pittsburg, ca
Ok that makes sense. Well I don't have motorcycle money as of now. Haha so what would everyone suggest as a good running reliable safely fast haha as one 45-50 haha bike?? I'm looking maybe to grab one already put together possibly just to start me off so I can get up n running. I see it as no point of goin back to a car once I've read up on these with the way gas prices are especially here in ca. Anyone with any suggestions?? Is spooky tooth a good company or will I be disappointed?? Any suggestions??

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Thing here is there's a speed limit on the bikes in the first place, 30 MPH. Exceding it will draw the attention of the police faster than anything else. Plus there no way to reliably run at thise speeds constantly. C'mon, it's 50 cc's. The 50 cc motors that can run that fast are very expensive, a water cooled Morini or Aprila or a Seven could but they are "light-switch" motors. Off or on full blast or idleing. Not much inbetween.

It's just not realistic to expect a China Girl type of motor to do these speeds, they just can't.

By the way, Spooky Tooth was sold last winter. Your cheapest, best deals are going to be on eBay. Boy Go Fast is one. Plus if there's a problem(and that happens a LOT) you can file a dispute with eBay. It's about the best chance of getting satisfaction when there's a problem.

HIEFY

Jan 21, 2012
pittsburg, ca
Alright thanks for the advice ill make sure ill look on ebay for some good ones. Thanks for everyone's help hopefully I can find a good one. If anyone on her has anymore advice or builds bikes in ca. Or knows a good place then I'm all ears. Thanks everyone

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
two of the fastest four stroke builders are on this forum, culvercityclassic (jeff) and scotto. both have bikes that can go over 50mph.

but, they're custom made, and if you were able to buy one, it'd cost you more than a used motorcycle. and they would probably be more conspicious to the police than a small motorcycle, since they definately stand out. they hardly look like bicycles anymore. they're also over 200cc's, i think.