First Build fine tuning questions

GoldenMotor.com

fraser

Feb 11, 2012
Vancouver
Hello just completed my first build with a zoombicycles 66cc engine kit. Had a little trouble starting it up and found out spark plug was out of wack. Got it fixed and she runs.
Few problems though the thing just flys even without applying any throttle. Can't slow down without killing the engine. I'm assuming it's just the idle screw and throttle cable which way should I turn the idle screw and how do I back the throttle cable off. I can't even engage the clutch while the engines running it starts revving like crazy if I try.

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
You unscrew it to lower the idle. (left) Check the cable and anotherthing to check would be that your carb is put together correctly.

Good luck

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your throttle cable is not installed correctly would be my guess.
Remove the air cleaner and look down the throat (inlet side) of the carb then twist the throttle. You should see something moving when you twist the throttle.
We'll need to know which carburetor you have to offer more detailed help. NT? CNS?
There are tutorials here to help you but we need to know what carb you have to be able to give you links to those.
Tom