Just getting started

GoldenMotor.com

WaterDries

Apr 5, 2011
Utah
Hello All. I've been scouring the forum for the past few weeks getting inspiration (of which there is plenty). I'm here in Utah where we are still waiting for some clear weather to stick. Looking forward to some fun experimentation and customizing.

Thanks for the forum!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome. You've come to the right place for help and advice. Lots of experienced builders here willing to share their knowledge to keep you out of trouble and on the road. Good luck. Have fun and ride safe.
Tom

WaterDries

Apr 5, 2011
Utah
Thanks for the welcome. It feels like a great community here. After getting so excited to start building I found a new motor in the local classifieds and got hung up wanting the perfect bike. After a couple weeks with the motor in hand I told my son to find a bike regardless of the condition and look. We ended up with a thrift store special for $20 that needed some love. We were able to get everything together and running over the weekend and it was so much fun and a great experience for our family.

We now are on the constant lookout for the next one. I get the feeling that I am not alone.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Did you read the warning label That should have come with the motor?

It says: "Caution. Motorized Bicycles are like potato chips. You can't have just one."

Everyone who gets into this hobby thinks they'll build one for fun. The next thing they know they're looking for another bike to build; and sometimes, another, and another and.....................:)

Have fun, ride safe, no matter how many you end up with.
Tom

Alba

Apr 18, 2011
so.cal
Hello All. I've been scouring the forum for the past few weeks getting inspiration (of which there is plenty). I'm here in Utah where we are still waiting for some clear weather to stick. Looking forward to some fun experimentation and customizing.

Thanks for the forum!
in so. cal , no sun here yet , just finishing up with custom beach cruser with sidecar
ride a harley daily but love the cruser/ cant wait to get it out .laff