Chinese motor re ring kits or parts

GoldenMotor.com

markfeeney

Jun 21, 2012
Hanoi Vietnam
HI everyone, As a newbie who just fired my 80cc ( 66cc) 2 stroke due to not having the right oil mixure and hammer the **** out of it

Dies anyone know who might have a re ring kit. rings and gaskets to re ring it.. if its nto totally fried..

PS I Live in Vietnam and parts on the ground here are impossible

:-||

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
all 66cc rings are the same so you dont have to worry about that, however cylinders and ESPECIALLY pistons are best bought from the vendor you bought it from.

Wrong piston:
There are at least 2 different kinds of 66cc motors out there in production right now, nearly identical, but one has a 5mm shorter rod arm than the other, so the wrist pin is in a different location and could either end up hitting the head (which is correctable using gratuitous amounts of base gaskets) or hitting the crank (unfixable, the maximum you can cut off the bottom of the piston is 2mm before you uncover the exhaust port, and to clear the crank you'd need at least 3-5mm)

Wrong cylinder:
Not nearly as catastrophic as the wrong piston, the worst that will happen here is your ports are all wrong, and you lose power. A dremel *could* fix this depending on how bad it is.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
HI everyone, As a newbie who just fired my 80cc ( 66cc) 2 stroke due to not having the right oil mixure and hammer the **** out of it
Sorry to hear that, what oil mixture were you using?

8 ounces of oil is listed in the manual for break in but it is way too much.

Did you pull you motor apart to see what fried? What was the damage?

would love to see some pics of motorized bikes in Vietnam.