Tires

GoldenMotor.com

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
I stopped at walmart today to see what I had for tire options. I want to replace my over aggresive hardcore mt bike tires with some thing a little more suited to roads (my bike has not seen the trails in years and was resurrected for my motor bike project) I found myself trying to decide between three different tires, and if I stop at an actual bike shop the situation is worse. what is the prevailing wisdom on tires and treads as they relate to MB's?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
All I can say is I found a tire that works excellent on the road and just as fine off-road. I run them on the front and rear: Kenda K-RAD 26"x 2.30. I run them at 50psi. but they're rated to 80psi. I love these treads!

Attachments

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I have a mountain bike mb and I went to the local bike shop and they had some 1.5" wide tires made for road/commuting but can go off-road on hard packed dirt trails. To my surprise they were only 11.99 each! They work perfect. The fact that they are thinner makes a smoother better ride on the road and eliminates any chain rub issues.