Hi from Canberra Australia

GoldenMotor.com

Jonda500

May 10, 2014
Canberra, Australia
Hi everyone, I've recently become addicted to these things!- It started 3 months ago when I found a website in oz (ozbicycleengines.com.au) with jackshaft shift kits and engine kits ($120 & $220) available - I sent them a heap of cash but have only recieved some of the things I ordered and some of the components were crooked/bent or otherwise completely inoperable and unrepairable... moved right on from that obstacle, -bought an engine kit from zues industries- it was a little better - then I discovered the SickBikeParts web site and engine kits(black only) available from an Australian Ebay seller (A&S Powersellers). The black engine I got from ebay turned out to be soo much better I had to buy another one! As for the shift kits from sickbikeparts they were top notch- I have two and a third is on its way!
So any way I currently have:
-A ten speed malvern star mongrel ATB which needs a new clutch centre and for a shift kit to be installed!
-A ten speed Repco ATB(although now it's only a 5 speed as I removed ther front derailier and used the left shifter as the clutch lever) This bike has a wonderful creations lighting kit (which works well), a pain in the ass jackshaft bracket made up of 3 seperate pieces and an extremely gutless engine.
-A 21 speed Apollo mountain bike (with a very large size frame- I'm 6 foot tall). I have started pulling this one back apart to intsall a shift kit!
-A 21 speed mongoose. This is the latest and best one I have made so far. With a jackshift kit and no front derailliuer it has seven gears operated by an indexed thumb shifter on the left handlebar. I have changed the left jackshaft gear from a 17 to a 21 tooth cog and the right one from 10 to 9 teeth and have it turning a 44 tooth chain wheel so I can ride using the pedals and engine simultaneously (-but it's very hard to start!) The original brakes are hooked up to a dual brake lever and I have fitted a $79 lightning ignition kit. I have fitted velocity wheels with Maxxis 2.7" tyres which I run at 25psi giving me a plush comfy feel.

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
welcome to the site.

i might see you round, if ya kick round the south side.

also stay away from mbbimports.com.au > he doesnt reply to my emails or calls. i have only dealt with him once.

I have had positive experiences with rocksolidengines, screaming roo and zbox.

Im in the middle of a 100hr rebuild. I'm hoping to be back on the road soon and not on the bus. lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You'll find we have quite a few members from 'down under' so you're in good company. Thanks for joining us.
Have fun, ride safe.

Tom