Fat bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Cylon

Jun 26, 2015
Maine
Can someone post some pictures or link me to a frame that works well with a engine? I'd like to motorize a fatbike for winter and gear it low maybe to about 52t. Thanks all.

Goergedave

Oct 23, 2015
Texas
https://www.facebook.com/SOULBEACHCRUISERS/photos/p.942619629110291/942619629110291/?type=3&theater shows an engine mounted on a Soul Stomper. If the link doesn't work it's at their Facebook page. As you can see(I hope) the carb didn't exactly fit in the frame so he just turned it slightly. I've also seen the Mongoose from Walmart over at youtube. It had an engine installed. A fat bike with a bigger guy riding it. When I saw the mongoose it looked okay but it just didn't do anything for me. I took the plunge and ordered the Soul Stomper and it will be here tomorrow. I went ahead with a 48 tooth sprocket instead of the stock 44 tooth. I'm about 200LBS and the bike itself weighs in at a hefty 45 pounds so I wanted the extra torque. I also ordered the heavy duty front motor mount because of the larger down tube. I already have the engine mounted chain tensioner. I took out some links and use the back tire to tension it some as well. The chain will be straight even before I add the tensioner. I also went ahead and ordered the hub mounted sprocket adapter to take some stress off of the spokes. I also ordered Mr. Tuffy 3XL tire liners because these FAT tubes aren't cheap and I'd rather not waste my investment.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
The fat tire bikes are definitely doable for motorizing and most of them use some type of offset mount to keep the engine drive sprocket in line with the rear sprocket. Otherwise the rest of the installation is fairly easy, there are a few YouTube videos that show how they mounted the engines and got the chain alignment to work.