quick and easy bike tech stand

GoldenMotor.com

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Nicely done. It very much resembles a standard bicycle indoor trainer.

http://www.nashbar.com/images/nashbar/products/medium/AS-FT1-NCL-ANGLE.jpg

Sometimes you can find old ones (called fan trainers, as they used hockey table fans instead of magnets or fluid for resistance) for $20-50. They will generally fit a MB with standard axle nuts (3/8 or 10mm axle). Some only seem to fit old road bikes (short axle length, about 125-130mm between the dropouts). The fan and flywheel part can be moved off the wheel or removed.

Here's one, same idea, just steel pipe and some angle iron instead of PVC.
I like Dave's idea of mounting casters, maybe removable ones. This one slides easily on a concrete floor and it stays attached.
I've done engine tests on it so I know it's secure.
Tom

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Thanks guys. Yeah, legs would be an easy add-on. Wouldn't take much to get it seat height. Now I need to figure out something to raise the front wheel.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Many times I truck my bike to cool places to ride if I dont have the time to ride the bike where I want to ride.

I decided to make a receiver hitch bike stand for my truck so that I can work on it where ever I go. I made sure to extend it far enough so i could also open the tailgate and use it as a work bench. This is a bike stand, not a bike carrier.

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Many times I truck my bike to cool places to ride if I dont have the time to ride the bike where I want to ride.

I decided to make a receiver hitch bike stand for my truck so that I can work on it where ever I go. I made sure to extend it far enough so i could also open the tailgate and use it as a work bench. This is a bike stand, not a bike carrier.
Have sweet collection of bike parts and your set for a Mobil repair business.:D(^)