easy clutch pull mod

GoldenMotor.com

hollywood528

Feb 8, 2013
Ramona, CA (San Diego)
I saw a post for this mod to make the clutch much easier to pull.
Pretty simple setup, using a screen door roller and a piece of square tubing.

I finally got around to putting it all together.. and all I have to say is... WOW!!!!

Ok, I guess I really do have more to say.. LOL

It seriously has to be 500% better. I actually couldn't believe how hard you have to pull on the stock setup, seeing how cheap some of this stuff is. With this setup, it almost has no resistance at all. It can easily be pulled with one finger now.

I highly recommend this mod to anyone.

It might be hard with the stock intake manifold, but with my custom made extended one, their is plenty of room.
I used a longer bolt through the drive gear cover to keep the clutch roller from wanting to pull to the left when I pull the clutch in.

Here is the link to the original post with all the info and a few different versions, one is mounted on the side of the clutch cover to clear the stock carburetor setup.

Clutch Cable Better Mounting

Last edited:

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
innovative, but not to knock your ideas but my stock clutch isnt exactly hard to pull either, all I did was align the cable guide properly, it has a straight arm actuator, and I didn't use the "return spring", only the heat shield. that setup tends to disengage my clutch if I rest my hand on the handle (it has alot of wiggle), which is normally how I ride so I'm prepared to pull the handle just in case something happens.

However anything better than the stock setup is appealing, I considered buying one of these myself, because I lack fabrication skills, but I've never had a clutch that was remotely difficult to use once I figured it out.

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
My clutch lightened up quite a bit when I took off my return spring. I just have to fine tune the clutch/cable adjustment so the arm doesn't hit the carb.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Theirs a member here that sell a set-up like that except it mounts outside the clutch cover. Think he gets $18 w/s. I'm with mew905, I aligned it . I usually hold it at a light unless I gota itch. LMAO

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I bought two from Al.Fisherman through the forum here early on. For the latest build I made a similar one with the aid of a neighbour's welding machine.

One piece of angle iron with a couple of holes drilled in it, a screen door roller, an M6 nut, and two zaps from a welding machine did it.

hollywood528

Feb 8, 2013
Ramona, CA (San Diego)
Very nice. Lots of different ways I've seen it done.
I know the clutch doesn't get as much use as say a motocross bike, where the clutch is being feathered.
But I like the idea of less tension being on the stock chinese clutch cable