How fast are we realy going?

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Some of the posts i have read say that some bike owners are having trouble getting 20 mph. I checked my speedo with my $400 garmin gps to make sure, I can get 30 mph with no problem. Sounds like i got lucky with my grubee 48cc!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
The slowest bike I have will GPS over 30mph easy, I have 66cc engines and my fastest right now is 39MPH and the slowest is around 35mph

the kit supplied exhaust is the main problem with many peoples speeds not being that great, along with a badly tuned carb. if the carb is tuned right and the exhaust flow is freed up I think all the kits will push a bike 30mph pretty easy, some are reporting 40+mph with just a few simple mods and a much smaller rear sprocket.

Peace

Some of the posts i have read say that some bike owners are having trouble getting 20 mph. I checked my speedo with my $400 garmin gps to make sure, I can get 30 mph with no problem. Sounds like i got lucky with my grubee 48cc!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
That's what I thought, all I've done to mine is remove all the welding slag from the exhaust near the flange and open it up to match the port . I refused to give up on the cns carb. I have got it running as good as I think possible, 35 mph last sat. on a slight downhill was way fast enough for me.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Thinner tires are great if you're on mostly pavement- 1.75 width make a world of difference compared to 2.25- you can feel it in the pedal too, and they're much lighter

Theres even some Michelin 1.4 widths and such out there- not quite as rugged- 1.75 still seems to generally have as much height and rubber thickness as cruiser tires- they roll faster and with less vibration- not so "classic looking" I guess

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i found that the bell streamliner tires worked pretty good for commuting and brought my top speed up about 3mph...and they are wide so you dont loose the cushion..

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Two of my friends rode in to work today, one was seven miles the other fourteen. I am out of work after minor foot sur. can't ride!