New to the forum

GoldenMotor.com

BRASSBUSTERPC

Jul 19, 2015
Indianapolis, IN.
Just joined the forum. Building my first Gas bike. Been riding a bike to and from work for about 10 year's, 18 mile round trip, get's a little rough for a 59 year old man in the heat of summer, heat index yesterday on the way home here in Indianapolis, IN. 104 HOT. Winter is just about as BAD minus zero temp's. Starting with a GT2A frame. I'll post pic's in the build section. Any tip's and advice would be GREAT. Thank's.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Welcome to the forum.

There's plenty of helpful folks here, and a few GT builds, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of help.
I would just say to be careful not to tweak that aluminum frame as you build. Also, if you're using a kit engine, flush the fuel tank well, remove and discard the filter, petcock and line, and replace them. There is also usually no need for a chain tensioner, so toss that as well. If it should loosen and rotate into your spokes, it could spoil your day.
Here's an example of an aluminum frame build with these mods;

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=57089

Good luck, and post all the pictures you can of your build process, we love to see it happen.

Trey

Here's a GT build I just saw today;

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=59349

Last edited:

BRASSBUSTERPC

Jul 19, 2015
Indianapolis, IN.
Thank's Trey, there's a lot of gas bike forum's out there but after checking this one out for a few week's I felt this site was the best. I'm also a member of several other site's for several year's, Atomic Zombie's, (Built several of Brad's bike's) Rat Rod Bike's, Hoosier Antique Bicycle Club, Classic Antique Bicycle Exchange (CABE) plus a few other's. Not got very far yet just the front fork and rim came off a 29" Genesis with disk brake, HOPE it dosen't look to weird with a 26" rim on the back, I'll try to post pic's of where I'm at. I work at a scrap metal recycling center so I have a unlimited supply of part's. Can't get the pic's to load, any HELP?

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Ok, you're probably good to go then. You never know how much, if any, experience new members have, so I try to hit those points first.
I can post pics, but am not sure how to advise someone else to do so. Use the search bar up top, I know there has been discussion on how to do it.