Long time listener, first time caller!

GoldenMotor.com

2dfx

May 20, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Hi all,

A wonderful place you have got going on here! I originally built my project (attached) 2 years ago when I was unable to afford an insurance spike and needed transportation to take me within towns. After a recommendation from a friend, I purchased my very own 80/66cc motor for my bike!

Coming from a guy who thinks he has no actual mechanical acumen whatsoever, I thought I didn't do that bad of a job! I built this with NO forum knowledge whatsoever! I only discovered this place when I blew out my sprocket cassette.

goodbike.jpg

GET THIS - I built this thing without following any pre-tuning recommendations whatsoever. I used stock hardware, tightened nothing, adjusted the chain myself and off I went! Thing has never let me down and has always been powerful. I've been lurking here for a good 2 months here and I have a new bike waiting for me to transfer this thing onto.

This time I'm going to do it right. I ordered a good mounting bracket for my 2" downtube on the new bike and replacement hardware all from SBP. Going for the shift kit when I get enough dough together.

I've narrowed down my questions! Awesome community guys! I LOVE this thing and want to go to the next level for sure!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Thanks for calling in, and welcome to the show, er, forum. Your bike looks like it has seen a fair amount of kilometers, good job!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bikes, like cars look better when you can see they get driven and enjoyed. A little dirt, some oil drips and rock nicks in the paint are badges of honor.
Welcome to the forum. I hope you have as good a luck with all of the aftermarket parts you're planning on using as you did with your original build. You've obviously got a good grasp on what it takes to do it right so far. Enjoy, ride safe.
Tom