View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 04:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Found a Sweet Engine, What Now?

I'm excited about the Ecotrons kit. It's so expensive though that I will be disappointed if it does not ease starting, improve efficiency, and increase engine power. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out. I intend to use Ecotron's tuning help in order to dial in the kit. We'll see if it's worth the expense, however it's a steal compared with most aftermarket tunable ECUs.

Thanks a bunch for the information. I ordered your front rotor and I am experimenting with rear options.

My hope is to use two scooter single piston calipers and attach them to a motorcycle master cylinder. Throw should be reasonable. I am going to try a 65/35 FR bias with a 180mm rotor in front and 140mm rotor in the rear.

I've been going through the checklist of "essentials" while my frame is at Silver State Cycles. I have ordered a 5.5" motorcycle headlight and 1933 ford model A tail light to compliment the classic look:

The bicycle frame will be similar to the one on Silver State Cycles website:

I think I am going to purchase this H4 LED conversion kit for the motorcycle headlight to cut down on power usage:

I've heard that LED conversion kits are hit or miss, however. Do you have any suggestions?

Finally, I am debating turn signals for at least the rear of my bike. Do you think they are worth the cost?

Thanks again