View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Scored a buider today.....

Originally Posted by 2door View Post
Nice find, Shan. Those twin top and cantilever bars are unique and I agree that a tank would ruin the classic lines of that bike.
Keep us posted on the build. That should make a great ride.
Whatever you do, reinforce the fenders if you keep them

Thanks Tom,

On the fenders I haven't decided how I will go, the front is in pretty bad shape, it is still solid but the rust toward the front has completely destroyed the chrome and its pitted real bad, I do have an idea for keeping them but it would require painting them, Id kill the rust on the front with some naval jelly and then prime it good after using some glazing putty to smooth out the roughness, might even go with a textured finish on them, after reinforcing the mounts, might give them a coat of the spray in bed liner and then sand it down a bit, this would give them a very durable finish and something good for the paint to adhere to.

who knows at this point what I will do for sue, may just hang the fenders on the wall and save them as original parts and do the build without them, if I do go with the 24" rear wheel its for sure I'll ditch the fenders, it would look kinda silly with all that clearance between the tire and fender IMO.

I dont always ride WOT, but when I do..I do my best to keep the rubber side down..Ride safely my friends!