View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: V belt, How buy?

Grainger has this: Adjustable pulley and with a little math I calculated that with an A section belt for adjustment diameter of the pulley 2.1" to 3.1" you could have one half the pulley where the belt seats in going from a length of 3.297" to 4.867". The adjustment being length change of 1.57" which for around $13.28 I now think it would have been the way to go instead of slotting the bracket as I did.

One last thing though as I called and spoke with a rep at Grainger, the adjustment is done by rotation the threaded half portion of the pulley and tighten down in the key-way. This means whatever one revolution equates to in diameter, that is the increment of the adjustment and you would have to live with. I will stop by one of their store to bring calipers and see what the increment amounts to, but I suspect it could have easily worked in my system.

Power Transmission
Sheaves and Pulleys
V-Belt Pulleys

CONGRESS V-Belt Pulley, 3.25 OD, 5/8 Bore, Var Pitch

Write a review
| Write a Review
| Read all Reviews
| Read all Ask & Answer

Share this Product
V-Belt Pulley, Variable Pitch Fixed Bore, Bore Dia. 5/8 In., Outside Dia. 3.25 In., 1 Groove, 4L, A, or AX Belt Pitch Dia. 2.1 to 3.1 In., 5L, B, or BX Belt Pitch Dia. 2.4 to 3.2 In., 3/16 x 3/32 In. Keyway, Die Cast (Zamak #3) Material, For Use With 4L, 5L, A, or B Type V-Belts

Grainger Item # 1X448
Price (ea.) $13.28
Mfr. Model # VP325X062KW
UNSPSC # 31171804
Ship Qty. 1
Sell Qty. (Will-Call) 1
Ship Weight (lbs.) 0.9
Availability Ready to Ship
Catalog Page No. 143
Country of Origin
(Country of Origin is subject to change.) USA