View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member
Default Throttle cable Issues

I just got my 49cc bike together yesterday. With one exception. My throttle cable is not hooked to anything in the carb. I have the standard carb. How do I hook it up? Right now I just have the cable stuck down the screw cap, then put it through the spring and let it come in contact with the C washer? Does that sound right? Does it just sit down there not attached to anything? I can just pull it out right and it is not locked in place by anything? The directions that came with it do not say anything about hooking the throttle cable to the carb. That does not make sense. Also the throttle did not seem to affect the RPM of the bike. So to experament, I just took out the spring and the C washer. While it was running I pulled up the pin a little and it would idle slower, pull the pin up too much and it would stall. I thought by pulling up on the pin it would increase the fuel or something, guess I was wrong. So by putting the spring back in, it must really be pushing down hard. I don't see how that pin moves at all. I'm really missing something basic here. I'd be glad for some help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbpict027.jpg (92.7 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by bigdreamz2000; 10-08-2008 at 11:47 AM.