View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: EBiker from Humboldt County California

Hi A2BTurek....Have you ever been to Bridgeville,CA? I lived there, out of my backpack, for a year. Its 40 miles inland from Eureka on Van Duzen river also on hwy 36. I'm now in Scarville, IA, a town of about 80 people. I miss the calif. beautiful country. Anyway, I can appreciate your fun with electric bikes. I bought an eZip Trailz electric bike in March 2011, and rode it until Oct putting over 2500 miles on it. I did a daily 32 mile round trip to Rake, IA, a town of around 200 (big city around here). The top speed is 16mph, distance 20 - 25 miles per charge. I had to charge the batteries before heading home (4-6 hrs) so I was stuck there until charged back up again. Thats OK because in Rake, I had a shop with welders, grinders, chop saws, benches, vises, scrap metals, etc. to use all day on my projects. I built an electric push trailer for my eZip, put a couple of bikes together, got my Kawasaki 1968 250cc twin 2 stroke going again, and finally, put together my first motorized bicycle kit on a Cranbrook. The e-bikes are fine wonderful rides, but I needed more distance from it to make trips to towns with grocery, hardware, dept. stores, etc. Gas powered bike seems better for my needs. So far only have ridden 300 miles on the MB, because of weather conditions here, and a breakdown. This winter stuff around here stinks, but my 87 Chevy Sprint can handle most of it. I just have to use more gas, 46mpg with Sprint vs. 100 plus with Cranbrook but thats life in Iowa. I do miss the quiet of electric power however and in a bigger city would have stayed with it. I'm glad you joined this site and enjoy your ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 508 pics JVC eZip hitch 001.jpg (129.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 508 pics JVC eZip hitch 003.jpg (119.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DVC00428.jpg (126.3 KB, 26 views)