View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: A Mixte framed motorised bicycle for a lady.

Well it was pouring with rain so I couldn't move anything around in the garage or the carport so I could take a decent picture, but this is my Gen II 66cc Chinagirl try fitted into the Mixte frame I'm using. This frame was much more of a tight fit for a Chinagirl than the nice red frame in the photo that first caught my interest, but I think it will do and by the time I'm finished the liberties I took with the frame won't be all that visible anyway.

The Rudge rear wheel fits into the Mixte frame just fine and there's plenty of room for a sprocket. That front fork, handlebars & etc are all going and will be replaced by a Rudge fork and front wheel. I have a slightly shabby 'Oryx' pre-war leather seat with a rearward facing type seatpost that I've been saving and I think I'll use it on this bike. As for the gas tank I'm considering using a cylindrical tank which is presently being mocked up by that scrap gas cylinder. I need to do a little cardboard aided design in order to devise various skirt and chainguards that will look the part as I'm aiming for a sort of British motored bicycle appearance with my Mixte project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChinagirlMixte.jpg (514.7 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg ChinagirlMixte2.jpg (411.7 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 1947_-aberdale.jpg (80.1 KB, 88 views)