View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: debunking myths about walmart bikes

Originally Posted by joabthebugman View Post
The problem with all these "experts" on the cheapness of the Walmart bike is that they conveniently ignore the posts by people who actually buy build and ride on these bikes with no problem.
They dismiss these claims as just being lucky in a crapshoot
Most are simply drunk on the s,ell of their own cork and I firmly believe that this hatred of all things Chinese stems from a strong case of Chinese penis envy as much as an inability to accept the fact that America simply does not produce the quality goods she used to

In these links are fellers the crap shoot went badly..

When I first tried my very first H.T. I went with a KMart Special. I am familiar with cheap junk what is good and that was not a good bike for me. While it lasted well enough to learn about the motor and all the quirks. I prefer High End stuff like real hubs, spokes ,rims, brakes for one.

The flanges on some of these lower end hubs for one are known for breaking spokes because they are too thin.

Here in post Number one.

Not all of these bike frames come with thick walled tubing ether. Just because the metal says alloy is not enough. The cranny has thinner walled tubing. Something to consider here I think.

Some fellows don't know the limitations of their parts. I think this should have real clarity.
Still gotta have a since of humor.