View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Newbie In Tucson

I have been riding around since 2007 on a non motorized bicycle always thinking of adding one. I have watched countless efforts of regulation and the way motorized bicycle have been treated here in Tucson. TPD law differs from state law and I recently had a friend lose his bike while on Pima and Wilmot area. He was pulled over by cycle cop who said he was doing 22, he was informed that the speed limit in bicycle lane was 19 mph, and now he was considered a moped, a list of all infractions, No lic (suspened d lic) no horn, no lights, no reg + more all totaling $2000 as well as automatic impound, no warning, he had a Huffy 3 months first time being pulled over. I regularly see the touring riders cruising by on Pima at least at 25 MPH. Is it about safety? money? I am still thinking about it. I was told there are 200 or more motorized bicycle at G's towing from impound ,I called and they told me they are sold to Phoenix buyer. I also have suspended lic and I don't want any more tickets

Last edited by ShawnfromTucson; 05-15-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: used bike when i should use bicycle