View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Originally Posted by BarelyAWake View Post
KCvale -
Question tho, how many marinas do ya have in Arizona o_O
Well, in the Phoenix area 5. There is Lake Pleasant and Bartlett Lake to the North, Saguaro, Canyon, and Roosevelt Lakes to the South East and I've boated them all many a time.

But for all of AZ many more, you have all the marina's along the Colorado River. In AZ it starts at Lake Powell before going through the Grand Canyon and down to many big places like Laughlin and Lake Havasu. I've boated all of them too, in fact the wife and I took this rig to lake Powell for our honeymoon 26 years ago ;-}

I do agree there are some justifications for the price of marina fuel, all of these lakes are drinking water sources and a big fuel spill would be a disaster so it costs a fortune to build and maintain a marina on a lake, but still, any smart boater takes all he can with him before he leaves town ;-}

Sorry for staying off topic but this hit a 'nostalgia button' in me.
It seems like a lifetime ago, but it was just half a lifetime ago that boating was my passion.

This is my son and I at the London Bridge on lake Havasu when he was just a baby.

He will be 21 in a couple of months.

Thanks for letting me ramble guys, now back to your regularly scheduled topic ;-}
KC's Krusiers Builds