View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Gutter Rider
Default Re: how much better is this?

Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
Drilling holes in the frames and screws in the tiny trailing arms are not great Ideas!!!

Now I fear a newbe with a Wallmart Huffy Cranbrook is gonna try this

It has been proven over and over again and there is documentation that shows broken frames!!
Perhaps I should have worded better there are plenty of other options !!
IMHO don't ever drill the frame!!There was a going consensus for a while this was a no no .. I just think with so many cleaner ways to go about it it is not necessary. Some folks weigh 130 pounds wet. You want me to test a bike I am at more than six foot tall weigh in at 240 pounds. I carry cargo with me all the time too. I am just not going to be drilling my frames.. While it can be argued that that particular trailing arm may be less load bearing? It does not appeal to me. I humbly would not dare go against the God Father

My first bike was a proving ground and I did not care much about it I got away with some silly stuff. Two wrongs don't make a right...I drilled my frame!

And no I could not find documentation directly to that particular trailing arm.. Folks are springing up with cracked frames from drilling their tubes for motor mounts..

Last with the ever going ensemble of cheaper Wallmart style bikes and inferior steel involved well?
Still gotta have a since of humor.

Last edited by Goat Herder; 12-15-2010 at 02:27 PM.