View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 11:28 AM
The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Default Re: Newbie for Omaha

Originally Posted by Footie View Post
Thanks for your help guys, Im not sure what kind of bike im going to use yet any suggestions? I want to get one that will go one with no extra work.
The bottom line is that it should have a strong frame and wide tires. In my opinion. What kind of bikes did you ride as a kid, or now if you still pedal bike? Some people like Mountain bikes. I think cruisers make the best motorbicycles and probably most of the builds here are cruisers, but certainly not all. It depends too, on what you want the bike for. Is it to tool around the neighborhood on nice days, not going real far? Is it to be alternative transportation going to and from work, picking up groceries, etc? Are you a speed freak looking to go as fast as possible on a bike? Or is your interest more in a dependable ride in different riding conditions? Is it pretty much flat where you intend to ride or are there some serious hills? How big a guy are you? The bike should fit you well enough to be comfortable. So, I would suggest not jumping too quickly on finding the bike, but first getting a better idea of what to look for. Generally speaking you can get a better quality used bike on Craigslist or in your local paper than a shiny new one at a chain store. I hope this gives you some things to think about.
Someday when I grow up I will probably lose interest in toys with wheels, but until then...