View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default re: Pittsburgh Stolen Schwinn Collegiate (recovered!) - Help from Pee-wee Herman

Thanks Callahoochy, My buddy in NYC just recovered his bike that was stolen up there. He had advised me that if I saw the bike locked up, put a lock on top of it and call the cops. I thought that was clever, but I like your style as well.

This guy has been riding around like crazy. My phone was lighting up with texts yesterday from various pittsburgh forum members who spotted the guy. I don't think he had any intention of selling it. It is weird, the guy is a junkie and regular small time thief. I feel lucky so many folks had my back.

I finally got ahold of the police officer that knew this guy last night. I have an appointment with him tonight at midnight. I think he has the bike and is trying to be 100% sure I'm the true owner. He grilled me a bit. He called me at 3am to set up the meeting. There were sightings in my neighborhood going pretty late into the night.

I think things are looking up, if he does have it, the next thing is to see how messed up things got. The amount of riding he was doing, he had to gas up, and I'm guessing an oil mix never crossed his mind.

Thanks you guys for all the help and support.