View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default re: 2 the guy who is up his own

My two cents about pain in the butt customers... I do machine quilting, average turn around time in this area is 6 to 8 weeks, I turn quilts around in 2 weeks. I have a decent customer base because of my service. I had to learn to turn work away, I use to take everything that came through the door, but some projects I know I can't make like the customer wants so I politely decline. I have also screwed up delivery times, my thread vendor sometimes has my colors back order, same with other materials I may need, so my two weeks turns into 4. Most of my clients are regulars and understand this.

I can see the other side of a small operation trying to keep up with growing demand. I can't excuse bad service, and word of mouth is powerful, but name calling gets nothing accomplished. I do think honest reviews are good.

If a dude makes a custom part I want for a decent price, but it is well known that it will take a month for me to get. At least I have all the facts and I would be happy as **** that the producer doesn't apply basic supply and demand pricing...If he can't keep up with demand at current prices he ups the price to diminish demand and make more money.