View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default re: 2 the guy who is up his own

These bicycle engine projects are not necessarily simple as we think they are for the mere fact that each and every one can be considered a custom job. I mean there is no such thing as a 1 size fits all kit as there are differences in every bike style not to mention the slight differences in the design of these chinese engines from the 3 manufacturers that make them (that I am aware of). It stands to reason then that we as the end user are going to have to deal with unexpected issues as we build our bikes.

Having said this think about the person who makes custom parts for us. S/He may make a part that works perfectly for most engines and bicycle styles but when we come across something that isn't standard and that part won't fit or work or whatever it takes a lot of time and effort to rectify it, maybe more time and effort than it's worth for a business to want to deal with.

That's what I was thinking about when I wrote my last post. I'm not making any excuses for someone who is trying to scam someone out of their money but it's too easy for that 1 person who expects that part to work and it doesn't or has some mix up of some sort to feel that since s/he screwed that the vendor does nothing but scam or screw people.

I know my next bike project will require at least 80% custom parts to make it what I want which means I'm going to have to machine all those parts and whatnot myself.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. - Albert Einstein

I used to say that politics was the second-oldest profession. I have come to know that it bears a gross similarity to the first. - Ronald Reagan

"You do not want to get between Michelle and a tamale." - Barack Obama