View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Default Re: Find a Dealer here

I'll do a review for that'sdax products.....

I have bought three of the in frame two stroke bicycle motor kits from that'sdax.

All have been just what I expected, one is a bearing engine with updated throttle/kill switch, the other two were/are bushed engines from last year.

Price was really low for the first two, still very good for the bearing engine.

The first took a couple weeks to get to me, the second one came in a few days. The last one took about two weeks. I was not upset by the ship times on the two that took awhile since the ebay description said it would be a little while to get it.

I have had only one small problem with one of the three kits, which was that it didn't come with a chain e-mail and it was on the way, no questions asked. I got it in a week.

The first engine I bought outlasted the bike it was mounted on and is going on it's second bike. The second one was sold after 500++ miles WITHOUT ANY RUNNING PROBLEMS- PERIOD. I'm not sure of it's ultimate fate, but maybe the gentleman who bought it will stop in or call this summer as I told him to let me know how it went after a year.

The third engine is the bearing engine and I have yet to mount it...special projects always take more time.

Having had A LOT of prior experience with Chinese product in the form of small gas scooters/mini cycles and road going scooters, I didn't expect too much, and for the price I paid I got way more than I paid for.

Heck a couple rounds of golf will cost you more and so will that R/C helicopter you just wasted after less than an hour of flight.

For a hobby the engine was definitely a best buy.
For reliability, it's been dead reliable with only the specter of breakdown keeping me from doing something dumb like riding it on a real road trip to BFE. I have done several trouble free trips of well over 50 miles with no problems.

I would recommend this type of engine for the hobbyist. I would recommend to anyone who is interested in these type of kits. Good supply of parts cheap too!

Some have said kits are more costly. They are and they aren't. They don't over charge for shipping like a lot of sellers do....29.99 vs. 54.99 or more. Do the math. Also, if you have a problem with the engine once it's mounted up, are you gonna be happy you saved 20 or 30 bucks when you can't get any help or even a response from your seller?

5 out of 5 stars.

No, I don't have any affiliation with them and yes, I paid for all my own kits.......

Last edited by Bikeguy Joe; 07-01-2008 at 06:13 AM.