Thread: full suspention
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 02:19 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: full suspention

I have no idea what the Glendale is made like... my aluminum Schwinn is an elcheapo Walmart one yet the frame is 'bout bulletproof. I've put a heck of a lot of miles on it, beatin' the bejabbers outa it regularly.

I think takin jus' the back off the Glendale, leaving some of the seatpost tube as flanges to weld would be less sketchy than tryin' to weld in a different Dtube just so the motor would fit... much depends on the quality of the hardtail bike and the skill of the welder ofc.

I suspect that the uneasiness people have regarding aluminum bikes may stem from bikes that had a poor design... perhaps an inappropriate one - like takin' a lightweight street race bike and "abusing" it by riding down stairs or w/e. My Schwinn started life as a mountain bike - after over 4000 miles of motorized use it's not showing any signs of fatigue.

I think that like with any bike yer plannin' on motorizing - a bit of an examination, lookin' at welds and thinkin' bout it's design is all that's needed *shrug*