Need Opinions Regarding Carb Angle

GoldenMotor.com

MellowOne

Feb 19, 2009
Powder Springs, GA
Well, here's my first question as I begin the final fitment of the engine. After reading somewhere that too much angle of the carb will result in it running poorly or not at all, I am skeptical about mine. Check out the pic and tell me if this is too much angle of the carb. If I need to adjust the angle I will have to remount the engine somehow and I figure the best way is to pirate the tubing from another frame that has the same diameter tubing and get it notched at the correct angle and weld these nubs to the frame and remount the engine a little further forward with the carb level. It looks like I can only go forward a couple of inches before I have peddle clearance issues cause of the pull start.
After some of the posts I have read lately regarding the quality of these engines I am terrified I am going to have some oddball issue regarding how the motor was assembled. I think one of those billet engines is a good idea.
trk

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think the only problem you may run into is fuel starvation with sustained wide open throttle- not something to worry about.