Rubber binder on inside or outside of spokes?

GoldenMotor.com

Zack01GC

Sep 14, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I have two, I would imagine that one would go on the outside, and one would go on the inside. Directions are telling me both go on inside.

I might put one on the inside and one on the outside regardless.

Thanks in advance. I'm nearing the completion of my bike as we speak.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Listen to Bill, not the lousy instructions written in Chingrish. One rubber goes inside the spokes, the other to the outside. In other words, sandwich the spokes between the rubber parts. And disregard the 16:1 fuel mixing instructions too. Start with no more than 24:1 then after a couple of tanks, move down to 32:1 gasoline to oil.
It would be better if these kits came with no instructions instead of the incorrect info that most of them give.
Tom

u2seek42

Aug 1, 2010
US
Hi! New here and to motorized bikes. I have both an OP roller and wally roadmaster and have been bouncing between which to build. I think I will go with the roller.
May see if the forks from the master wll fit for shocks.
HATE the instructions! Man you'd think the folks that are buyng containers of these things, they'd write some good ones.
Praying for an easy build.
Any and all advice much appreciated .

Zack01GC

Sep 14, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The engine they are using in the directions looks a lot different than mine, too. I guess just generic directions for all of the Chinese motors...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Throw those instructions in the trash and when you need help, come here. We're here for you, and there's years of experince to draw from. Good luck.
Tom