Britax Ducati

GoldenMotor.com

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
Sweet!

Not very often you find a Cucciolo with enough of it intact to put one back together.

Britax was involved with that moped around 1954. In later years they became a cycle parts seller.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The Ducati Cucciolo (Puppy) engine design was offered to Ducati Elettronica at the end of WW2. They took on manufacture and development of the PULLrod 50cc 4 sroke, and had a success on their hands. It grew to 65 later and gained a 2 speed gearbox.
There were many thousands made, both by Ducati and their licencees.

Britax Ducati

Feb 1, 2015
Berkshire England
Hi its a britax frame made for the 4 stroke 2 geared Ducati cucciolo engine the engine has external valve lifters they are hard to find these days its vintage is 1953 for frame and engine I intend to build it like a board racer with a fuel tank built from the head stock to seat tube .Looking for types of tank to make I do have a small cylinder type of tank that I might use.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
You could talk to an exhaust pipe maker for 2 strokes and get a nice round section tank made. If you consider fibreglass, you'll need the correct resin; apart from that, it's just down to the hard work of making it and waiting for the stink of resin to leae your sinuses.