New member, First build

GoldenMotor.com

s2focus

Feb 12, 2016
Henderson, NV
Hello all,

Just purchased a flying horse 66cc set up for my Fuji Nevada 1.5 29er. Will be starting the install next week so I'll be sure to include some photos of my trials and tribulations. Hopefully the frame is large enough to accommodate the install but I guess I'll find out next week.

Any input would be appreciated!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us and hope we can help you through your first build of a motorized bicycle.

That might be a tight squeeze and could require some work to get an engine in that frame. Without specific measurements we can only guess but it looks close.

The rear engine mount should be a normal fit but that wide down tube is going to require a special front engine mount. There is a lot of good information here on custom mounting ideas. There are also a few aftermarket mounts that might help. Here is an old thread which might offer some ideas, if the engine will fit > http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=6427

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Tom

Last edited:

s2focus

Feb 12, 2016
Henderson, NV
I saw a guy installed one on a Nevada 4.0 (same frame, smaller wheels and cheaper components). It looked tight but did fit. As far as the fat bottom tube I'm sure I'll figure it out, I'm pretty handy. My frame is a size large so that's in my favor. Regardless I'm looking forward to jumping into this next week. Hopefully all my parts arrive in time.

Ordered the 66cc with the following upgrades;
Cdi ignition
Rse high comp head
Ngk plug
Speed carb
Expansion chamber
"Boost bottle" with billet 40mm intake

And "designer bicycle" sprocket hub adapter w/ 40t sprocket.

Royal purple 2 stroke oil (all I run in my vehicles, including my vette)
Spare gasket set and piston
Tungsten bit set for porting

After it's broke in and if get the motor dialed in I'm hoping for 35-40 mph top speed.
brnot

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sounds like you have a plan. Good luck.

If you don't mind I'll make a couple of suggestions.
Break the engine in while in the stock condition before adding your go-fast parts. After, do one modification at a time. Add one component, test and tune before moving on to the next. Doing too much too soon can cause some problems that will be hard to track. Doing one mod at a time gives you a basis to work from so you'll know what works and what you need to do to make it right if it doesn't.

Your speed goals are completely possible and can be had with careful tuning and an engine that is broken in as well as proper gearing for your riding style, weight and terrain.

Don't waste your money on the 'boost bottle'. Don't expect any performance gains from an aftermarket ignition system (CDI). Your stock one will work just fine and you'll save money for other things.

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I have become addicted to the "Flipping Vegas" show on TV. We will be here to help as you install the motor.