bending tensioner

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Fakeplay,
I would suggest you keep a very close eye on that. Epoxy materials like JB and others are no subsitute for welding. They are not meant to be. You have seriously weakened the bracket and it can and will fail eventually. If it breaks it will probably get into the rear spokes and bind the chain. That can be very dangerous. Be careful.

fakeplay

Jul 26, 2009
newburyport ma
I've been a all around machinist/toolmaker 30 years, 1/2" of that metal will hold that tensioner by it self. I'm sure of it. J B weld has NEVER failed me. Thanks for your responses, I appreciate them. Thanks (If that thing gets ripped off, then something wsn't right in the first place)

Last edited:

fakeplay

Jul 26, 2009
newburyport ma
I could tack weld it myself, But, I really don't think it has to be. I'm gonna rely on good ol'e jb weld. If something happens I'll let you guy's (an girls) know. Thanks A 1/2 inch of metal at that thickness is pretty strong, The jb weld will add extra strentgh. I'm really confident there won't be a problem. Thanks again.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Epoxy does not have the strength for what you are using it for. But then again its your rear spokes if it fails.
Norman

Brvnkaerv

Aug 11, 2009
Tampa Fla.
I also have been a machinist for 28 years. I started as my brother's apprentice. He was a millwright. his motto was; "If 1/4 inch is good... 5/8 is way better." Brvnkaerv