2stroke 80cc head on Tomos 50cc engine

GoldenMotor.com

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
Today was a boring see what I can frankenstein type day, heres what i came up with. It ight have worked better if the dome in the head wasnt bigger than the piston bore. Maybe if I used a 50cc head it would work better.

A little video, first start.....

I wish I had a 50cc head to try out, the china head fits the tomos engine, so maybe someone can try out a tomos head on a china engine. This would be a really neat/cool project. The jug may even be able to be used as well.....??

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
Tomos 70cc airsal cylinder

HT....China girl base gasket

still researching.....looks like a good project. Using a tomos cylinder and head on a HT crankcase would open up many tuning capabilties. Better cooling, carbs, tuned pipes, blah blah blah....

fixo

Apr 1, 2009
san jose
the fins would not be pointed the right way to allow for the best cooling , the stroke would have to be checked , the rist pin would have to be checked, you would have to make a pipe, carb manifold... the price for a topend kit for a moped would cost more then a engine kit .....but if it is something you have around go for it !

TheSignGuy

Nov 24, 2014
seattle, wa
Today was a boring see what I can frankenstein type day, heres what i came up with. It ight have worked better if the dome in the head wasnt bigger than the piston bore. Maybe if I used a 50cc head it would work better.

A little video, first start.....

I wish I had a 50cc head to try out, the china head fits the tomos engine, so maybe someone can try out a tomos head on a china engine. This would be a really neat/cool project. The jug may even be able to be used as well.....??
Update?