need clutch help for Storm 49cc 4 stoke

GoldenMotor.com

Robert

May 9, 2009
Mesa Arizona
I'm brand new to this,instructions have been misleading such as their listed one piece crank is actually sent as 3 piece and throttle attachment takes drilling a hole in bottom of handlebar when really its the top,all those kinks are worked out.........So problem is instruction tell me to disassemble my left side handle bar shifter to use as my clutch and shows I hook the opposite end to the left side gear box of my 4 stroke.I have thoroughly scanned my motor and it has no manual clutch lever to attach the wire to.Upon reading others threads over and over people state there 4 stroke is an automatic and since I don't trust these horrible incomplete instructions they gave I wonder if I ever needed to dissemble my shifter in the first place or for that matter manually pedal to 2 mph then drop the clutch or I'll wear out my clutch it said if not peddling it up to speed.Yes I did download the 4 stroke instructions I have checked 3 times.

Does anyone know if the 2009 Storm 49cc 4 stroke has an automatic clutch and I can forget the instruction,and so you know throttle is hooked up and ready,so clutch ,oil and gasoline is all I'm away from to start my bike.So if its an automatic then there is no need to pedal correct.Please me,Thank you

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
How about a link to the place you bought it or some pics.

I sense that there is a centrifugal (automatic) clutch as all 4 strokes I have seen (on the market) have one.

Robert

May 9, 2009
Mesa Arizona
your correct,they have only one 4 stroke and their instructions have so frustrated me,so if this is the case then do I still need to peddle bike up to speed as they say or do I just gently throttle from a standing stop.

Hough your bike is amazing,absolute stunning beauty

bobdirt

Apr 12, 2009
usa
Robert, unless something has changed they have centifrugal clutch, no engager.
Very few of these gearboxes ie. hoot style last any lenth of time, sorry....