bolt on trike rearends

GoldenMotor.com

yellowbeard

Jul 9, 2011
corinth Ms.
Found a guy here in town that has a few brand new bolt on rearends that change a bike to trike. They are blue with a 2 sprockets, a electric motor. has an axel with a flat side to them. Will try to find out what they were for. New still in the box. Would these be worth doing something with? Joe

yellowbeard

Jul 9, 2011
corinth Ms.
Izip Hybrid electric bike
model no. IZ-TRICR7-BL

There was a recall on the bikes for the rear axel problem, 6 reports out of 2100. Could have been mistreatment, who knows. The motors cost $200.00. They are 24v 450 w. 15-20 MPH 25-30 mile range. Got all info. off of internet. I can see what he will sell them for. Just trying to help. Joe

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hi Joe,
That is what I thought they were. A member here, Motortriker, had one break and he was injured. Broken ribs and leg if I remember correctly.
Izip took care of everything and replaced parts he said so they do stand behind their products. He also said his helmet saved his noggin.

I'd be interested to see what they cost and if he would ship one to Canada or at least to my shipping address in the U.S.

Thank you for posting this. A nice find.

Steve.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
im curious what broke on that fella's bike..one things sure though...$60 is a good deal for that stuff

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
That's a pretty wimpy setup, isn't it? Might be good as a hybrid in conjunction with a china girl, something like that. I wonder if the motor could handle 36 V.
SB

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
most trikes arent too safe above 10mph so I dont know what safe or wimpy is for one...the motor and gears etc ought to be worth something though

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Silverbear,
From what I learned from Pop's over on the Island when I bought basicaly the same motor that they tend to let the magic smoke out at 30V. This may be a heavier motor and they can be over volted but I'm not sure either way.

Motortriker had a scooter controller on his which he said was better and his battery pack was made up from 123 cells that came from used DeWalt battery packs and he had another battery pack made from another battery source.
The only complaint I see about Currie motors is the gear noise but I would guess that is different with everyone as to the level of annoyance.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
That's true Racie. I hear 15 is the outer edge of safe but if I remember correctly Motortriker said that he was above that at times and the trike handled OK.
Ten miles an hour would work quite nicely for me since I have kissed enough asphalt over the years to more than satisfy any desire I had to do so.

Steve.

Thephx1911

Dec 9, 2012
Hi Joe,
That is what I thought they were. A member here, Motortriker, had one break and he was injured. Broken ribs and leg if I remember correctly.
Izip took care of everything and replaced parts he said so they do stand behind their products. He also said his helmet saved his noggin.

I'd be interested to see what they cost and if he would ship one to Canada or at least to my shipping address in the U.S.

Thank you for posting this. A nice find.

Steve.
I don't know about the Electric motor set up ones. But my Friend has a bike shop here in Phoenix & he is going to order me a almost Identical setup that bolts on to any frame 4 3/4 51/2 it Uses a freewheel sprocket. So you don't need a trike hub. It comes with frame mounting Hardware axle 1freewheel sprocket. You just need two Holllow hub trike wheels pull the rear tire off the bike change the chain & it's a trike in 10 minutes. Comes Powder coated red or blue. I'm going to add a second sprocket to run my motor. The bolt on kit he is charging me $85.00
+ wheels made by SUN ( something ) the same Distributor of the C9 Cloud 9 seats. Ask your local bike shop. They sell the whole trike but can order just the rear section. I hope this helped. MSG me & I will get the Distributor & part Number for you.