motorized bicycle work stand

GoldenMotor.com

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i just got this today from walmart.com http://www.walmart.com/ip/Folding-Bike-Stand/13012494. less then $20.00 shipped here and will only be around $18.00 to have shipped to store for you all that have access to a walmart. holds the bike a few inches off the ground so you can pedal it and work on brakes, gears whatever. i figured it would be a piece of junk or wouldnt be able to handle the weight of my electric bicycle but it does no problem.

Attachments

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Nice find. I was looking for something that would work for my bike. I had seen a few but was not sure that it would work.

Having to order online, sometimes you do not know what your getting till it gets there.

Unfortunatly, Wal-mart is out of stock online for it. Ill have to keep checking back. Dang, and i was going to order one.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am real happy with it rich. i expected it to be a piece of junk but i figured i could get it to work. definitely was a nice surprise after i got it.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
took a old brake cable and made a stronger stand so i can choose how high i want the rear tire off the ground. with this little mod i can actually run the motor also and not worry about the tire touching the floor and doing a burn out in the extra bedroom i store and work on the bike. here is pictures. easier to describe with photos

Attachments

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
holds my electric bike with battery up no problem and all the weight on it is in the rear. it seems to be pretty strong. reviews on it were others using for motorized bicycles. i put the cable on it because with all that weight the legs do want to spread plus i can adjust how high if at all i want the rear wheel of the ground

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i redid the stand a little. the other way i had it the cable slid around and was a bit of a pain. i drilled 2 small holes in each corner of the stand and ran old brake cables thru them then put cable stops on them. on the end i put a cable crimp so i don't worry about fraying. results are better then i imagined. i can put the bike on their and run it at full throttle or pedal and adjust the gears work on the brakes ect. i can do this with battery and all the accessories on the bike. weight is not a factor. it is amazingly stable.

Attachments