160 mile round trip

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I live in Decatur ,IL and I'am planning a 80 mile trip to my dads house. He lives in Hillsboro ,IL also to tag a long is my good buddy Hookwormrider1. were going to take the scenic route as much as possible to stay off the main roads. in a car its about a hour and a half. I figure its going to take between 3 and 4 hours to get there on our rides. were going to take our time ride no faster than 25-28 mph and give our motors plenty of breaks along the way.
I fitted my bike with saddle bags to haul tools and a spare tube and a gallon gas can and a tow rope if needed also some rain gear just in case. its actually a 72.9 mile ride , so I'am hoping I can make this trip on a single tank full. I have a 36 tooth sprocket on the rear to help with the mileage. does anyone have any thoughts on a 80 mile trip and has anyone done a longer trip ? your thoughts and or suggestions would be helpful! were plaaning this trip the first weekend of Oct.(^)

dublergofast

Jul 30, 2008
I regularly put 50km (30mi) at a time non stop, with a 34 tooth, the low revs of the motor make it smooth for long trips, and isn't working as hard. good call on Andrews sprockets.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
the day is coming for my 80 mile trip. this saturday Oct. 4th . hitting the road at 8:00am and will be riding a good 4-5 hrs. arriving at my destination around 1:00 pm.
Hookwormrider1 and I will be heading out , so wish us a safe journey!

Hitekrdnk

May 23, 2008
the day is coming for my 80 mile trip. this saturday Oct. 4th . hitting the road at 8:00am and will be riding a good 4-5 hrs. arriving at my destination around 1:00 pm.
Hookwormrider1 and I will be heading out , so wish us a safe journey!
Happy trails and always a tail wind.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Have a fun and safe journey filestyle1.

I did a 140 mile trip to Mexico and it was a challenge and wore me down. Riding a motorized bicycle is nothing like riding a motorcycle on long trips.

Be sure to carry enough fuel...and a spare plug may not be a bad ideal. And always a tire pump and at least patches; I always carry a new tube.

I also like to carry a spare chain link if you use one and enough tools to do many repairs just in case. Some zip ties or mechanics wire can come in handy so I always carry some with me.

Have a Happy Bike Day :D
()

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
thanks for the wisdom. I do have a spare tube, extra link, zipties, a gallon of fuel, some basic tools to get a job done, rain gear (just in case), GPS, oh yeah and a air pump , and still enough room in the saddle bags for any thing else. if you think I have forgotten anything , please remind me!