huffy highlander

GoldenMotor.com

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
what up guys, its been a while, so why not, im starting from the bottom of the pile, with this huffy highlander, high tensile steel(garbage) and welded with enough weld to just hold it together. i can see this one cominin apart from the vibration,and with my luck, itll happen when im cruisin a busy street with a mack truck behind me. im kinda workin backwards, but ill get it right, i already painted the frame with high heat engine cast color, which looks kick ass when clearcoated as it has some kool metallics in it, but im probably gonna strip it back down for some house of kolor candy perhaps with some metal flake in there.i just started on an idea for a spring and shock loaded seat pan, yes just like the ones found on kool choppers like indian larry creations. plus ive only seen maybey 1 on a bicycle. im gonna makea few different shapes, and go with the best one. right now its like a perfect mix between motorcycle and bmx. ill post pics as i go. and kinda workin on a budget

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
i made a new stencil today for a second seatpan, i made up my mind about mounting the pan, im just gonna buy a seat pole with the shock in the pole, then bend and weld the rails to the seat pan. should work out good, and look kool at the same time. im gonna polish the edge of the seat pan when finished and put leather in the center to finish it off.

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
i threw the wheels on here to see hows the bike is turning out and to get the feel for it and the proportion of the bike so i can go ahead and make changes as needed. i found the biggest part of making a kustom seat pan besides how u will mount it without falling onto the rear wheel at the first bump u hit is the placement of it and the angle. they both must be right otherwise it begins lookin funny.im gettin it, about to transfer the stencils to metel, a little ball peen hammer a beating bag , a shear and an english wheel and shell be done soon enough, ill keep posted pics of progress on this bike as i go, honestly im kinda likin how this ones turning out.

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
thanx , i actually just changed my setup a little since this is a kustom thing i want it to be reliable, i was lookin at the aluminum goos neck and i just seen that thing failing at the worst time on top of it, so i bought an adapter to fit into the seat pole tube and to accept a 1 1/8" beefier bmx style stem, when i realized that stem would fit tight around the seat pole tube and also giving me a lower seat ride, so this is my current mount for my seat pan. im in the works of makin the pan and brackets to mount it, ill post pics when its all good.

Attachments

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
seat pan is cut bent beat and rolled, just needs a little finishing on the edges and then to lay on some leather. although first i have to fabricate the mounting brackets, while my brotherin law lathes down a center bar for the stem.turnin out pretty decent for a first seat pan and with a unique setup. after this set up im workin in my mind a new seat pan with the mounts to accept a seatpole with the shock in it.

Attachments