a $50 s6e can it be upgraded?

GoldenMotor.com

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i picked up a lem quad at vet's for $50 but i'd like to know if a s6s or after market big bore will work? thanks for the info guys. dennis

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
You can take the 3.2 hp engine at boost it. Use the Morini high performance top end kit. Buy a Morini 4 pedal reed kit and put a 19mm or 21mm carb on it. Add the Morini digital ignition, at minimum use the 3 shoe Morini clutch. While you’re at it split the case and install new Morini bearings, seals and gaskets. How much $$$$ do you want to spend. Contact Herman at www.herdan.com 610-562-3155 he’ll set you straight.

$50 what a great find.............

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
thanks magrider. do you know the difference between the 5.8 and the 9 hp or is it add on's. do you know of any after market top end 70cc kits? i dont want to put $400 in a $50 motor when i could buy a new one. has anyone ported the stock motor? ive seen the francomorini site and all the add on's add up to a new motor if you know what i mean. i have a s5n in my dyno cruzzer and she roll's pretty good but always looking to go a little faster but i'm no bairdco by any means nor does this old man need to go 50mph on a MAB. thanks for the help dennis

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
from what I understand the main difference is in the reeds and carb, the 6hp has 14mm carb and 2 pedal reed, the 9hp has 19mm carb and 4 pedal reed, I think they use the same head and cylinder. the difference between the lower 3hp cyclinder and 6hp cyclinder is the amount and size of transfer ports. correct me if I'm wrong.

I know I didn't mention the CDI and magneto

I don't know of any aftermarket kits and they're probably from China. I would stay with Morini, Made in Italy.

Did you cantact Herdan?

personally I haven't ported a Morini yet......

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
not yet. motor is still in the quad too many irons in the fire right now. thanks for the info. dennis