Build Question GT Traffic

GoldenMotor.com

nosecondcity

Jul 3, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hello everyone,
I'm moving from Chicago to Los Angeles and am wanting to get a motorized bike for commuting.
I have a GT Traffic 3.0 and am wondering if this bike can be used to put an engine on it. Here's a link to the bike:

2010 GT Traffic 3.0 Comfort Bike - Biketober Bikes under 500 Dollars

I'd prefer a 4 stroke since I don't want to mix. Any downside to this?

Alternatively, if anyone has a motorized bike they want to sell, I'll take it. I just need the seat height to be no higher than 30".

I'd actually prefer buying a pre-made, new or used, gas bike--I'm just short and I've found it's kind of difficult to find sellers.

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

nhssdf4

Jun 21, 2010
Ruston, LA
Honestly, I am not sure if you can mount an engine to that as is... As with any motorized bike you must be mechanically inclined to a degree. This mean knowing the measurements of the inside triangle, and calculating space for the engine. If you want to buy a motorized bike, try out the swap and shop on this forum. Im sure someone has something for sale.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
everything with that bike looks compatible. . . the only thing that presents itself as an issue would be the frame design under the seat. You may have to use an offset intake if you go with a 2 stroke. Try to find a 18.5 '' or bigger frame

nosecondcity

Jul 3, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hi,
Thanks for the replies/suggestions. One of the problems I'm having is I can't do a 17 or 18" frame because of my height. I'm 4'10 so a 15" frame is pushing it. If the seat heights more than 30.5 inches, it's a problem. If anyone has suggestions, I'm open. Thanks.

nosecondcity

Jul 3, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hey biknut,

I have looked around at some 24" bikes (you mean w/ 24" wheels, right)? The ones I've looked at don't have room for a q-matic w/HS 4 stroke. I can keep looking, but there doesn't seem to be much out there.

F_Rod-what do you mean by using an offset intake? And if I go w/ the 4 stroke, is that necessary? Sorry but I'm a bit of a newb, so some of the jargon is confusing.

Thanks in advance.