Muffler mounting screws

GoldenMotor.com

Ebopp

May 4, 2011
Costa Mesa, ca
Hey Norm,

New rider here. First time question. My muffler fell off yesterday along with all the mounting hardware except one screw which attached the muffler to the motor. It's got threads on both sides and is bare in the middle. What do you call those screws? Also where can I find some. I figure if I know what to ask for I can get it at mcmaster-carr or grainger. Thanks in advance!

Ed

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hey Norm,

New rider here. First time question. My muffler fell off yesterday along with all the mounting hardware except one screw which attached the muffler to the motor. It's got threads on both sides and is bare in the middle. What do you call those screws? Also where can I find some. I figure if I know what to ask for I can get it at mcmaster-carr or grainger. Thanks in advance!

Ed
What you have is a "stud" look for some all thread in size 6 x 1.0mm. I buy mine in 1 meter rods. If you can't find any get back to me. Also there a number of vendors that sell upgraded hardware kits. Oh by the way pick up some all metal lock nuts. The nylon lock nuts don't hold up to the exhaust pipe as well.

Last edited:

Ebopp

May 4, 2011
Costa Mesa, ca
What you have is a "stud" look for some all thread in size 6 x 1.0mm. I buy mine in 1 meter rods. If you can't find any get back to me. Also there a number of vendors that sell upgraded hardware kits. Oh by the way pick up some all metal lock nuts. The nylon lock nuts don't hold up to the exhaust pipe as well.
Great advice buddy! A local hardware store had just the thing. I'm back in action and I'm sure my neighbors are happy!

ed