And then I looked for my kickstand.

GoldenMotor.com

rockonp04

Oct 1, 2010
California
I finally got my bike just the way I want it. Better billet intake, better motor mount, new carb, billet sprocket, upgraded tensioner, slant head with new silicone boot, new throttle, new kill switch, and expansion chamber. I go for this awesome ride by my place. The bike is handling beautifully. She is keeping up with cars, going great up hills, getting great looks, and I am on cloud nine. So I decide to pack it in for the day and head home. I pull up to my place, pull the clutch to let the engine burn all extra fule in the carb, and then I look down where my kick stand should be and guess what... gone. Well guess I am in the market for a Micargi Touch kickstand. lol worth the ride though.

rockonp04

Oct 1, 2010
California
so what are these parts you went with
I am in the beginning stages of my keeper build and looking for performance ideas
I went with the manic mechanic billet intake. for that upgrade you are going to have to cut down the clutch guide in order to get the carb in that space without it hitting on the clutch guide. I also went with the Speed NT carb. I could have gone with a better carb but this is at a good price and works reasonably well. I also got an upgraded air filter from sbp that bolts on no questions asked. I also went with the billet bolt on sprocket (40t) from piston motorbikes. This is pricey but it works brilliantly. No need to worry if you sprocket is on correctly. I also went with the upgraded throttle. this thing is ten times better than the cheap plastic stuff you get. I also got a spb kill switch because the throttle doesn't come with a kill switch. I also upgraded the fuel filter with a sbp filter and upgraded the fuel valve as well. Lastly I got a expansion chamber. Mine is coming today. I'll let you know how it goes. Supposed to give you 1/2 a horse power.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
From what I have read the NT is a good carb

The hub and sprocket is a definite for me as soon as I figure out what will fit whatever wheel I decide on

I but my throttle controls after market because I have seen too many fail
I'm going to use a retro home made kill switch I saw on a vintage build here
that basically just grounds out on the handle bar

The expansion chamber is the one thing everyone here agrees on as far as must have add ons

I need to milk every little bit of power I can wring out of my bike

There is a thread on higher performance CDIs that I also want to look into