new Magnecor plug wire/help and tips pleas.

GoldenMotor.com

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
i got this plug wire from sick bike parts. and have never replaced one of them. if some one could give me some tips/pics or something so i know where to start. i would just go at it and make it work. but id like it to look nice and last. thanx

new plug wire

coil id like to put it on

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Your original spark plug wire simply unscrews from the CDI black box.
Hold the box and turn the wire counterclockwise just like anything else you would unscrew.
Measure your new wire length by using the old one for a reference.
Cut it with wire cutters, better a little too long than a little too short.
Screw it into the CDI box by pushing it in while turning it clockwise.

The CDI has what looks like the pointy end of a screw in it, so the wire should screw right in.

You will now need to use a spark plug with the little threaded on tit on the end, unlike the the skinny threaded tip on the stock plug.

NGK B6HS is a good plug.
Any motorcycle shop should carry them. They're about 3 bucks.

Good luck it's an easy fix..
TIM

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
Your original spark plug wire simply unscrews from the CDI black box.
Hold the box and turn the wire counterclockwise just like anything else you would unscrew.
Measure your new wire length by using the old one for a reference.
Cut it with wire cutters, better a little too long than a little too short.
Screw it into the CDI box by pushing it in while turning it clockwise.

The CDI has what looks like the pointy end of a screw in it, so the wire should screw right in.

You will now need to use a spark plug with the little threaded on tit on the end, unlike the the skinny threaded tip on the stock plug.

NGK B6HS is a good plug.
Any motorcycle shop should carry them. They're about 3 bucks.

Good luck it's an easy fix..
TIM
yah,i dident think it would be to hard. just wonted to know what i was geting into.. thanx for the clear, well thought out help. it should make my install quick and easy.:)

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
i to assume this is the right plug tip. do to the fact it fits good in the boot. but ill post a pick of the one im going to use. and if its not right. pleas net me know..thanx

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I like to use a spot of dielectric grease on each end of my wire connections. That's all I can add helps to prevent any oxidation on the connections.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
I like to use a spot of dielectric grease on each end of my wire connections. That's all I can add helps to prevent any oxidation on the connections.
i sealed it with a glue called E-600. so no dirt or anything can get in.(but i can remove it if need be) i hope being sealed it will help with the oxidation. cuz i never think of stiff like that.lol thanx for the tip Goat herder, ill note it for next time.:)