fenders for a mnt bike

GoldenMotor.com

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i've got a crapmart mongoose dual susp. mnt bike i'm getting ready to use for riding to work, no motor just pedal power, so far have a handle bar mount for my lunch box, front and rear lights and bar end mirrors and ice spiker studded tires. i'll be needing some kind of fenders and have only been able to find those crappy zip tied plastic ones. anybody know of a fender for a mnt bike that will really keep the road junk off of you.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Cam,
I made some fenders for my oldest bike out of scrap sheet metal. 18ga and made my own mounts. They aren't swoopy curvy, just flat and matches the curvature of the wheels but they keep the wet stuff off me and out of the carb. Price? Nothing but some time.
Oh, yeah, I painted them black after I made sure they worked.
Tom

Attachments

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
those planet bike hardcoe fenders wont hold up i had the same ones on my bike

i ended up just tearing them off and discarding on the spot

i use a rear rack as a fender and plastic bottles as front fenders works well and is cheap

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
I am a big believer in Wald fenders. Used them way back in the 1960's on my bicycles and still use them today on my motorbikes. I have a 1988 Mongoose Switchback MTB with a set of chrome ones. They fit well, look good and are very sturdy and never had a failure with the Walds. Also have a Worksman with Wald fenders. Personally, I have yet to find a better set of fenders. My bicycle dealer catalog is full of different fender brands, and nothing compares to the Wald.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
well good luck man i had the same thing maybe im a little rougher than you when i ride but keep a good eye on those things mine lasted about a month