2 stroke guy wants to build a 4 stroker

GoldenMotor.com

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
hey im a 2 stroke guy that wants to build an engine for the death race....i have a racing background and have a few questions about these china 4 strokes....first does these engines have an oil drain???second is the fill like the old briggs and stratons???i was thinking about sleeving the cyl. and making a crank and cam for about 20:1 compression...oh yeah i want to run alcohol....for this idling would be my enemy....full throttle will cool the engine...any answers and thoughts would be appeciated(other than your gonna die)...thanks guys.wee.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Cool. The engine does have an oil drain and it fills more like a motorcycle or generator engine than a lawn mower.(don't know what kind of Briggs you were referring to) Looking forward to hearing how it holds up to alcohol.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Also Honda ghx50 and clone have the cylinder and head cast into the top half of the cases. Could be possible, haven't been inside. Would, at the very least, need cam, crank and piston (could be chrome aluminum bore). Assuming that the bore is aluminum it's likely not thick enough for a sleeve. On the bright side if you make the other stuff right the bore might make it through the race!

Briggs makes hi perf motors that you can certainly mod but they're like 148cc or something like that.

Is there a capacity limit run an HF 79cc and sleeve it down!