Looks like we got hacked - dang it!

GoldenMotor.com

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
I hate those igits that break into websites and send out spam to folks, put up lame adds, etc. I got this in my mailbox at 3:35 AM on 4-15-10. Anyone else?

This is the message that was sent:
Hey,
I'm new here, how's it going?

"The most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently" - Pema Chodron

---
Serendipity

Last edited by a moderator:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I moved this to 'Suggestions' as it's the closest we have to a feedback area, but I gotta point out there's no "hacking" or "breaking in" involved to simply send someone a message or even to "put up lame ads" (assuming you mean links), they simply join forums to do that... and we ban them for it.

If you do receive unsolicited advertisements via private message, use the "quote" feature and PM any of the staff, doing it this way will include both the evidence and a direct link to the "member" in question, we'll review and IP ban as needed.

Spam... an inevitability on the interwebz, there's no security vulnerability that's been exploited here ;)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
yes please any unwanted pm's (private messages) you get forward them to myself or one of the moderators. no one can get your email address or email you unless you set it up in your user cp. only one you can get emails from is myself and the only ones i send are birthday wishes. i spend alot of time and money to protect you all from these idiots however a few get thru and if they do let us know. i have it set up that if they sent 500 spam pms and just one person gives me a copy i can remove them all at once. thanks guys and gals for your support

yamahonkawazuki

Mar 17, 2010
Clinton Tn
yes please any unwanted pm's (private messages) you get forward them to myself or one of the moderators. no one can get your email address or email you unless you set it up in your user cp. only one you can get emails from is myself and the only ones i send are birthday wishes. i spend alot of time and money to protect you all from these idiots however a few get thru and if they do let us know. i have it set up that if they sent 500 spam pms and just one person gives me a copy i can remove them all at once. thanks guys and gals for your support
Donkey-shine ( redneck german).flg.